Sunday, May 07, 2006

My weekend of schadenfreude

As if the recent news regarding Patches Kennedy wasn't enough, the loathesome Los Angeles Lakers became only the eighth team in NBA history to squander a 3-1 playoff series lead after being blown out 121-90 by the Phoenix Suns in game 7. Especially sweet, Kobe Bryant was held to one single point in the second half One. That's just beautiful. Big props to Raja Bell for making Kobe Bryant's life miserable during this series.

I normally hate flash intros to webpages, but I hope every gets a look at this one while it's still fresh. I'm surprisingly gratified to see the Suns rubbing it in after such a roller coaster series.

Now granted, I wasn't expecting the Lakers go to the NBA finals, but even I would be hard pressed to ask for a more humiliating public collapse than the one they delivered last night. Christmas truly came early.

No comments: